Citrus Mint Crush from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1¼ cups cold water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup tightly packed mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest (no pith)
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups lemon-flavored sparkling water
- crushed ice
- mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Add water and sugar in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until sugar completely dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Coarsely chop mint leaves and set aside.
- Add the cooled sugar-water to a medium sized bowl then stir in mint, orange zest, orange juice and lemon juice.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until chilled through.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large pitcher.
- Discard remaining orange zest and mint leaves.
- Stir in sparkling water then serve over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.