Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- ⅔ cup chopped sweet green peppers
- 1½ cans (5 oz) clams, reserving juice from 1 can
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 2½ cups canned or fresh tomatoes, crushed
- 2½ cups seafood or chicken stock
- ⅓ cup tubetti or macaroni
- In a large nonstick saucepan, heat oil; saute garlic, onions,carrots, and green peppers until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add juice of 1 can of clams, potatoes, tomatoes and stock.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add reserved clams and tubetti.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
Nutritional information Edit
- 149 Calories | 24g Carbs | 3g Fiber | 8g Protein | 3g Fat | 643 mg Sodium | 12 mg Cholesterol
- Diabetic exchanges: ⅔ starch | 2 vegetables | ½ lean meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.