- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cold whipping cream
- Fresh strawberry Sauce
- 1 pint basket (12 ounces) California strawberries, stemmed and halved)
- Sugar, to taste
- 1 pint basket (12 ounces) California strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped and sweetened with Sugar, to taste
- mint sprigs, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make shortcakes, in bowl, mix flour, Sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Gently stirring with fork, gradually mix in cream until just combined.
- Mixture should barely hold together.
- With hands, form dough into 6 balls; place 3 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in center of oven 25 to 30 minutes until light golden brown, cool on baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, to make Fresh strawberry Sauce, in blender container, puree strawberries until smooth.
- Sweeten to taste with Sugar; cover and set aside.
- Split shortcakes horizontally.
- Divide sauce among six dessert plates;
- Top each with a shortcake bottom, ¼-cup sliced strawberries and ¼-cup whipped cream.
- Cover with shortcake tops.
- Spoon remaining strawberries and whipped cream over shortcakes, dividing equally.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.