Classic Vinaigrette from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 8
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup flavored vinegar (balsamic or berry will work well)
- 2 teaspoons combined herbs, crushed (basil, thyme, and oregano)
- 1 teaspoon salt, rock or iodized only
- pepper to taste, black or red only
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Pour or scoop the homemade vinaigrette into a fresh container and reserve this in the refrigerator.
- Shake well before using.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.