- 3 clementines
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or more to taste
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, canola or safflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 to 8 cups loosely packed mixed greens
- 2 large fennel bulbs, trimmed and chopped (reserve fennel fronds for garnish)
- 3 Belgian endive, trimmed and chopped
- 4 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- fennel fronds for garnish, optional
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts, optional
- Grate zest from 1 clementine, and set aside.
- Cut all clementines in half, and squeeze out about ½ cup juice.
- Combine clementine juice, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in salad bowl, and whisk with fork until salt dissolves.
- Add vegetable oil and olive oil in slow, steady stream, whisking well, and taste for seasoning, adding more lemon juice if too sweet.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.