- 1 ripe golden pineapple
- 1 litre fresh coconut milk
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- sprigs of fresh mint, for garnish
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt (optional)
- Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.
- Peel, slice, and core the pineapple.
- Pour coconut milk it into a wide, shallow bowl.
- Place the Sugar and cinnamon in another wide, shallow bowl and stir with a fork to mix.
- When ready to cook, brush and oil the grill grate.
- Dip each pineapple slice first in coconut milk, then in the Sugar mixture, shaking off the excess between each dipping.
- Arrange the slices on the hot grate and grill until nicely browned on both sides, four to six minutes per side.
- Transfer the pineapple slices to plates or a platter for serving and garnish with mint sprigs.
- Or serve in bowls over ice cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.