- 1 1/2 coconuts grated
- 3 lbs. all purpose flour
- 3 tbs. yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbs. margarine
- 3 1/2 tbs. Sugar
- 3 tsp. salt
- Chip and grate coconuts. Add approximately 2 1/2 cups of warm water. Mix well.
- Squeeze out milk.
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water, add 1 tbs. Sugar and 1 tbs. flour, mix well, let rise.
- Then add remaining ingredients and knead until smooth and satiny.
- If dough is a bit stiff, add a little more coconut milk. Set aside in a pan, cover and let rise until double in bulk, about two hours.
- Divide into portioins, depending on the size of the pans for baking, knead and form loaves.
- Place in greased pans to rise again until double in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40–45 minutes. When done take out of pan and cool on rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.