Contributed by Eddie Rickenbacker at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 15 oz flaked coconut (2 bags)
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate melts.
- Mix butter and cream cheese together.
- Add confectioners sugar, salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Add coconut and stir until well blended.
- Place mixture in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Shape mixture into eggs and place in the refrigerator again for at least an hr.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave oven or in a double boiler.
- Using a large toothpick, dip each coconut egg in melted chocolate to coat, then lay on a waxed paper lined tray and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Place the eggs in paper candy cups.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.