- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium saucepan, combine half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup of the coconut and the vanilla extract.
- Pour into pie shell and chill 2 to 4 hours, or until firm. Top with whipped topping and with remaining 1/4 cup of coconut.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.