- Grate the coconut and add 3 cups of water.
- Mix and squeeze to extract the milk. Strain through a sieve. Heat the evaporated and condensed milk.
- Mix 1/4 cup of cornstarch or custard powder to a paste with some cold water.
- Stir into the milk and boil until thick.
- Add the coconut mixture. Keep pouring this back and forth between two containers until cool.
- Strain into freezer tray.
- When mixture is solid for an inch at the edge of the tray, remove from freezer and beat it. Then put back into freezer tray and freeze.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.