- 1 pound grated coconut
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 chopped onion
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup green peppers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ ounce hot pepper
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- Boil the water with the coconut for 2 minutes.
- Leave aside to cool.
- When cooled, drain the milk out and put aside.
- Heat the oil in a pot and sauté the green pepper, onion and hot pepper.
- Add tomato paste, kidney beans and the reserved milk and simmer for ten minutes.
- Remove the hot pepper and add the sugar and salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- When it boils, add the rice and cook on a low heat until the rice is cooked.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.