This is a yummy recipe for coconut shrimp and dipping sauce.
- 1½ cups cornstarch, divided
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup Coco López (cream of coconut)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 lb of raw, shelled, deveined and butterflied shrimp
Dipping sauce Edit
- In a large plate, place 1 cup corn starch and set aside.
- In a bowl combine 1 cup Coco López and powdered sugar and stir until well combined.
- In another large plate, combine bread crumbs, ½ cup cornstarch and coconut whisk around to blend together.
- Dip and coat each shrimp in the cornstarch.
- Then dip and coat each shrimp in the Coco López, then dip and coat it in the bread crumb mixture.
- Repeat it one more time, by dipping them in the Coco López and then the bread crumb mix.
- Bring oil to a boil and temperature of 375°F.
- Then place each shrimp in and let boil until golden brown. Do not overcrowd pan to avoid a drop in temperature.
- Place on colander to drain.
- Assemble dipping sauce in a small bowl by combining sour cream, Coco López and pineapple and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.