This meatless, guilt-free salad is made and mixed with real coconuts, chilies, and garlic and is absolutely suitable for vegans or vegetarians.
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 2 fresh small or large chillies, seeded if desired, and chopped
- ½ cup fresh coconut cream
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Boil a cup of water in a saucepan.
- Boil each vegetable separately in the same water. Ensure that each vegetable is lightly cooked but still firm to bite.
- Use a little more water if it has evaporated. Do not throw away the water once you have cooked the vegetables.
- Mix together all the ingredients with the saved vegetable water and bring to the boil.
- Add all the vegetables and simmer gently for five minutes.
- Serve with plain, boiled white or brown rice, as well as with other side dishes or main dishes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.