Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: dLife
- 2 cups plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 cups non-fat ricotta cheese
- grated zest of 1 lemon or orange
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 large fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- Using a food processor or electric mixer, combine the yogurt and ricotta cheese.
- Process until smooth.
- Line a colander or basket with a double layer of cheesecloth, letting the cloth drape over the edges.
- Spoon cheese mixture into center and fold cheesecloth over the top.
- Place over a bowl or baking dish to catch the whey.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Scrape the cheese away from the cheesecloth and combine with zest and vanilla extract.
- Line a 3-cup heart-shaped mold or the draining basket with new cheesecloth, letting the excess cloth hang over the edge.
- Spoon cheese mixture into the mold or basket, smoothing the top.
- Fold the cheesecloth over the top and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Unmold from cheesecloth and if not already shaped into a heart, do so with the back of a spoon.
- Transfer heart to a serving plate and surround with sliced berries.
Nutritional Information Edit
- Calories: 84 | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 12g | Total Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Fiber: trace | Sodium: 167mg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.