This creamy cheesecake has sweet, golden-brown secrets: coffee and caramel. But you can sometimes top this with the crushed peanuts as needed, while it normally delivers a glorious, blissful taste with the cream cheese, real coffee, and caramel.
- 16 crushed cinnamon graham crackers
- 1 ¾ cup sugar, white or brown only
- 1 ¾ cup melted butter
- 2 packs of softened cream cheese (8 oz. each)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cup instant coffee, with 1 cup separated when prepared and hot, and ¾ cup with hazelnut
- 1 square of semi-sweet confectioner chocolate
- 4 teaspoons sweetener, optional
- 1 cup caramel syrup
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon, optional
- Mix the cracker crumbs with 1 cup of sugar, the sweetener (optional), and the margarine. Press the mix firmly on the base and walls of a nine-inch round mold.
- Place it in the freezer/refrigerator while you prepare the filling. Whip the cream cheese and remaining sugar in a large container with a mixer at medium speed until they are mixed.
- Add the eggs and coffee; mix until you get an even preparation. Pour this on the base.
- Bake it at 350° F for 35-40 minutes or until the center is almost firm. Let it cool completely on a metal rack.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Decorate the top of the pie with the melted chocolate.
- Mix the caramel covering and hazelnut coffee in a small pot; cook it over low flame until they are mixed and warm, stirring every now and then.
- Cool at room temperature. Pour a tablespoon of the caramel mix on each dessert plate.
- Pour an extra tablespoon of caramel on the cheesecake. Serve cold and plain or with any dessert but cut into serving triangles with the kitchen knife and transfer to a fresh dessert plate.
- Garnish with the cinnamon, if desired.