Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Old Newspaper Clipping
- 8 – 10 Servings
- 6 cups ice cream, slightly softened (chocolate, coffee, or vanilla)
- 2 teaspoons coffee powder
- 1 pt. raspberries, lightly crushed, reserving 6 – 8 whole for garnishing
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tsp. confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. kirsch or Framboise liqueur
- Lightly oil the bottom and sides of the 9" spring-form pan.
- Using the bowl scraper, spread ½ ice cream and carefully spoon remaining ice cream over the top.
- Place in a freezer 3 hours or until ice cream is firm.
- Whip cream with confectioners' sugar, coffee powder, and liqueur.
- Remove the cake from freezer and remove sides of spring-form pan.
- Using a bowl scraper or pastry tube, with a star tip, layer whipped cream entirely over the cake surface.
- Return to the freezer 1 – 2 hr. longer.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Ice cream cake may be stored in airtight plastic for 2 weeks.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.