The name of this drink is a misnomer, as coffee and bitters are not to be found among its ingredients, but it looks like coffee when it has been properly concocted, and hence probably its name.
- Coffee Cocktail from Jerry Thomas' Bartender's Guide or How to Mix Drinks, out of copyright
- Take 1 teaspoonful powdered white sugar
- 1 fresh egg
- 1 large wine-glass of port wine.
- 1 pony of brandy
- 2 or 3 lumps of ice
- Break the egg into the glass, put in the sugar, and lastly the port wine, brandy and ice.
- Shake up very thoroughly, and strain into a medium bar goblet.
- Grate a little nutmeg on top before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.