- 1 cup margarine
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ¾ cups unbleached white flour
- chocolate glaze
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips. (using the good, expensive ones, like tropical source brand, will bring a whole other dimension to these cookies.)
- 2 tbsp or more liquid of your choice (non-dairy milk, coffee, water); just enough to make the melted chocolate liquid-y and drizzley.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine coffee granules and flour.
- Stir the flour mixture into creamed mixture and mix well.
- Chill the dough before forming into ¾ inch balls.
- Bake at 350 f for 18-20 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- While they are baking, melt the chocolate chips and liquid together over low heat (a double boiler would be best).
- When the cookies come out of the oven, and are still warm, place them on a sheet of waxed paper and, using a butter knife to scoop up the glaze, whip the chocolate around over them to create jackson pollock-esque designs on them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.