Coffee Jelly from Dainty Desserts for Dainty People by Knox Gelatine—original source of recipe, out of copyright
- 1 envelope Knox sparkling gelatine
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- juice of one lemon
- 3 cups clear strong coffee
- ¼ cup sherry -- optional
- Soak the gelatin in the cold water for five minutes and dissolve in the hot coffee.
- Add lemon juice and sugar, stir until dissolved.
- When cool, strain over sherry—if used.
- Turn into a mold, first dipped in cold water.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.