- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lemons, each cut in half
- 3 fresh jalapeño peppers, slit down the center,seeds left in
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded,membranes removes,cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup green pimento stuffed, cut in half across
- 4 whole green onions
- 1 cup of your favoite salsa
- In a saucepan combine the broth, potatoes, lemons, Jalapeño peppers & cumin Bring to a boil, reduce heat cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add Chicken, keep covered and simmer for 15 minutes or a bit longer.
- The Chicken should be cooked through and the poatoes tender.
- Remove from the heat, add cilantro and allow the Chicken & potatoes to cool in the broth (Do this early in the day and assemble just before dinner) Save 3/4 cup of broth drain remainder, discard the jalapeños, cilantro& lemons Shred the Chicken into thin strips.
- Mound the potatoes in the center of a large platter, cover with the shredded Chicken and decorate with the eggs, red pepper strips and the 4 green onions Serve with left over broth and your favorite Salsa on the side
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.