Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 2 quarts water
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice (canned or fresh)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cup cubed pineapple (1/4-inch size), canned or fresh
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- Combine rice and water in 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir. Lower heat and simmer 35 minutes or until rice is very soft.
- Puree in electric blender or food processor.
- Combine Sugar, salt, juices and spices. Cook until syrupy, about 10 minutes. Add the pureed rice, pineapple cubes, and peel. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; remove cloves. Chill. Sliced strawberries may be added just before servings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.