- 1 lbs Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp yellow bean sauce
- 2 tsp chili bean sauce
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- fresh coriander leaves (garnish)
- If using the dried noodles, cook them according to package instructions or else boil them for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cool in cold water until required.
- If using the fresh noodles, boil them for 3 to 5 minutes, then immerse in cold water.
- Heat a wok or large frying-pan and add the oil.
- When hot, add the scallions, garlic, yellow bean sauce, chili bean sauce, and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool thoroughly.
- Drain the noodles and combine them with the cool seasonings, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve within 3 hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.