- 1/2 lb spinach, fresh
- 2 tbl lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tsp Onion, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup yoghurt, unflavored
- 1 tbl mint, fresh, finely cut or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Wash the spinach under cold running water. Drain, then strip the leaves from the stems and discard the stems and any tough or discolored leaves.
- In a heavy 2 to 3 quart saucepan, bring cup of water to a boil over high heat. Add the spinach, reduce the heat to low and simmer tightly covered for about 10 minutes. Drain the spinach in a sieve, cool to room temperature and squeeze it completely dry. Chop it as finely as possible.
- In a dep bowl combine the spinach, lemon juice, Onion, salt and a few grindings of pepper. Toss the mixture about with a spoon, then stir in the yoghurt and mix thoroughly together.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until thoroughly chilled. Transfer the borani to a chilled serving bowl and sprinkle the top with mint.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.