This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Lyle Estate in Hurst, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound collard greens
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato seeded and chopped
- Wash collard greens well then remove and discard stems and chop leaves.
- Bring water to boiling in a large pan then add collard greens and onion and return to boiling then reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Drain well and return to pan.
- Stir in coconut milk, salt and pepper then cook uncovered over medium heat for 10 minutes longer than stir in tomatoes and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.