Columbian Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
- 1 lb cut-up stew meat
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 cups peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 dry bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 can Italian-style tomatoes, with juices
- 8 dried apricots, cut in half
- chopped fresh parsley
- Remove excess fat from beef.
- Cut beef into pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook beef in oil about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Mix beef and remaining ingredients except apricots and parsley.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Stir in apricots.
- Cover and cook about 15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
- Sprinkle stew with parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.