- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped red pepper
- ½ small white onion, diced fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- ½ scotch bonnet pepper, seeded, minced
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ pound chopped conch
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable (oil for frying)
- Conch Fritters Dressing
- In large bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- Add the bell peppers, onions, garlic, parsley, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper.
- Stir in milk; beat batter well.
- Stir in chopped conch, salt (if desired) and black pepper.
- In deep skillet or electric fryer, heat oil to 375°F.
- Using slotted spoon, remove fritters; transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Serve with the dressing in separate bowl.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.