- 6 servings
- 300 g [10 oz] flour
- 100 g [3 x 1 oz] very fine dry breadcrumbs
- 120 g [4 oz] grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 70 g [2 x 1 oz] roast lean boned pork in one piece
- 70 g [2 x 1 oz] roast lean boned veal in one piece
- 70 g [2 x 1 oz] boiled lean beef in one piece
- 50 g [2 oz] prosciutto (cured ham)
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 l [scant 3 pt] meat stock
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- freshly ground pepper
- Mince [grind] all the meats, place in a bowl with the breadcrumbs and combine well.
- Finely chop the prosciutto and add to the meat mixture together with the grated cheese and 1 egg.
- Mix until compact but still soft then season with salt and pepper and flavour with nutmeg.
- Next make the pasta: put the flour in a mound on a pastry board or work surface, make a well in the centre and break in the 3 remaining eggs.
- Combine to a firm, homogenous dough and roll out into a fairly thin sheet.
- Put little balls of the filling at regular intervals on one half and cover with the other half.
- Press down with the fingers between each little mound of filling, cut into little squares about 6 cm by 6 cm [2½ in by 2½ in] and fold in half diagonally to make a triangle, pressing the edges together well to seal.
- Wrap the long side of each triangle around a finger until the two ends meet and overlap, press them gently together to make the characteristic "little hat" shape ("cappelletto").
- Cook in boiling broth and serve hot, sprinkled with grated cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.