From the Barbados
- 12 okras
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Grace hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups Grace cornmeal
- 2 tbsp Grace soft margarine
- Wash okras, cut off stems, slice into rings and boil with half the water and salt and gracehot pepper sauce for about 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of water to the sifted cornmeal and mix well.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the grace cornmeal mixture stirring ingredients with a wooden spatula over medium heat.
- Return saucepan to stove and cook mixture stirring ingredients with a wooden spatula over medium heat.
- When mixture becomes stiff and smooth, and moves away from saucepan cleanly at the bottom, it is finished.
- Put into a dish immediately and spread liberally with butter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.