- 10 lrg carrots (approx. 1 kg)
- 8 stalk of parsley (or more if you like)-chopped
- 8 x cloves of garlic (chopped fine)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tsp oil (or less)
- 5 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Ground cayenne pepper (hot red pepper)*
- Wash and cook carrots in salt water for approx. 30 minutes. over a medium flame. Peel and slice into rounds. Place in a wide bowl. Add chopped parsley and garlic to the carrots Add cumin, salt, lemon juice, oil and Cayenne to the bowl and mix all the ingredients well. Serve cold.
- Garnish: chopped parsley
- Can be made using beets instead of carrots. in such a case substitute Onion for garlic and use 1/4 tsp. Sugar instead of cayenne pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.