- 1½ cups of margarine or butter (at room temperature, but not melted)
- 3½ cups of white flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract or pineapple extract
- In a large bowl, stir the margarine or butter until soft and light, about 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup of the flour and all of the other ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Then stir in the remaining flour.
- Put some dough in the cookie press.
- Force the dough through the cookie press onto an ungreased cookie sheet (a large, flat, metal pan used for baking cookies).
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 8 or 9 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are firm but not yet brown.
- Remove from the oven and carefully place cookie on a wire rack to cool (the kids will love to help you make different shapes with the cookie press!).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.