- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Albers® yellow or white cornmeal
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 package hot dogs
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder in medium bowl.
- Combine milk and egg in small bowl.
- Add to flour mixture; mix just until blended (batter will be thick).
- Spread batter into shallow plate or dish.
- Insert skewers into hot dogs.
- Add oil to 2-inch depth in electric skillet or large skillet; heat to 350°F.
- Dip hot dogs into batter, coating all sides.
- Add 3 to 4 hot dogs to hot oil, turning after 5 to 10 seconds to set batter.
- Fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown; drain.
- Repeat with remaining hot dogs.
- Serve with mustard and ketchup.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.