- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup corn kernels (frozen, canned or fresh)
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the five dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and oil. Stir in the corn, and add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing them just to blend. The mixture will be lumpy.
- For each pancake, spread 1/4 cup of batter on a hot, greased griddle. Cook the pancakes over moderate heat until they are golden brown on the bottom and the tops begin to bubble. Then flip them over, and cook them until the undersides are golden brown.
- Corn Skillet Cakes from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.