This is an excellent supper dish, which children will enjoy. Serve the fritters with a hot green vegetable or salad and brown bread and butter.
- Recipe by Karen Mintzias
- 8 ounces sweetcorn kernels
- 4 tablespoons double (heavy) cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (or soda)
- sea salt
- white pepper
- 1 tablespoon marigold petals 
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil, or more
- Put the sweetcorn in a bowl and pour over the cream.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder soda and season to taste.
- Stir in the marigold petals.
- Set a large, heavy frying pan over high heat and pour in the oil.
- Drop spoonfuls of the fritter mixture into the oil and fry until golden on both sides, turning once.
- Press the mixture flat with a spatula to give a lacy effect at the edges.
- Cook the fritters in bunches until all the mixture is used up, adding more oil to the pan if necessary.
- Serve hot.
- ↑ Make certain that you use a pot marigold calendula rather than an African marigold tagetes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.