- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup red lentils, dried
- 5 cup water
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 15 sun-dried tomato halves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup pasta shells or elbows, uncooked
- 1 tbsp white miso
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp tamari, low-sodium
- Heat oil in a large soup kettle over medium heat.
- Sauté onions and cumin until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add lentils, water, vinegar and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cover and bring toa boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils begin to break apart, about 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini and corn. Continue to cook until zucchini is tender.
- While soup is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse, drain and add to soup.
- In a small bowl, mix miso and ¼ cup soup broth until miso is dissolved.
- Stir miso mixture into soup along with cayenne and tamari.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.