Corn and Tomato Soup from the Public Health Cookbook -- original source of recipe, taken from government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- low fat cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 (14½ oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10¾ oz) can low sodium tomato soup
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- non-fat sour cream (optional)
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray then heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add corn and basil and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomato soup, hot sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with an optional dollop of sour cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.