Cachapas should be served hot, and normally are accompanied with cheese.
- 4 cups tender corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup of milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 9 cups water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. The mix should become thick and weighty.
- If not, add more corn or some yellow corn flour.
- Shape the mix into small pancakes approximately 1/2 inch.
- Let them cook on medium heat for about one minute on each side, or until small bubbles form on the top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.