- 1 medium-sized head of cabbage
- 1 large onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 cans corned beef
- 1 cup water
- 4 drops tabasco
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cut cabbage into 1" wide wedges.
- Slice onion in rings.
- Remove stems and seeds from peppers and slice them in ¼" wide strips.
- Cut corned beef in thin slices.
- Using a Dutch oven or other heavy pan, arrange half the cabbage on the bottom; top with half the onion, peppers, and beef slices.
- Repeat layers using remaining ingredients.
- Combine water, tabasco, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar.
- Pour over foods in pan.
- Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Serve in wide soup bowls or deep plates.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.