A baked dish that combines tortillas and corn with hot peppers for a spicy hot taste treat. I created it because it's a complete meal in one serving dish and I love spicy, Spanish-flavored foods.
- Skill Level - Medium
- Prep Time - 1 hour
- 2 lbs of hamburger
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 2 banana peppers
- 2 orange and peppers
- 1 can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 dozen flour tortillas
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and drain hamburger well.
- Dice and sauté peppers with one tablespoon of butter, then add taco seasoning (reconstituted with a ¼ cup of water or beef broth).
- Combine drained hamburger, corn and peppers, and mix well.
- Stuff mixture into tortillas and place into a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle ranch seasoning over all, cover with tinfoil and bake for 15–20 minutes at 350 °F, or until almost done.
- Remove foil and top with cheese.
- Finish baking until browned.
- Serve hot. Optionally, you can top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.