- butter - 15 g (* oz),
- vegetable oil - 1 tsp,
- Onion - 1 medium finely chopped,
- Chicken drumsticks or thighs - 4 skinned and bones,
- Fresh parsley - 2 tbsp chopped,
- Spring onions - 4, trimmed and chopped,
- milk - 150 ml (* pint),
- puff pastry - 225 g (8 oz),
- Soured cream - 150ml (* pint),
- eggs - 2 beaten.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
5.Meanwhile, roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until 2.5 cm (1 inch) larger all round than the pie dish. Leave the pastry to relax while filling is cooling.
6.Cut off a strip from all round the edge of the pastry. Place the strip on the rim of the pie dish, moisten with a little water, then place the pastry lid on top. Crimp the edges, make a small hole in the top.
7.Pre-heat oven to 220C / 425F / Gas 7.
8.Beat the soured cream and eggs together, then brush the top of the pie with a little of the mixture. Bake for 15–20 minutes, until a light golden brown. Reduce the temperature to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
9.Pour in the soured cream mixture into the pie through the hole. Shake the dish to distribute the cream mixture. return the pie to the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to stand in a warm place for 5–10 minutes before serving or leave to cool completely and serve cold.