Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup seedless raisins
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Cornish game hens (about 1 pound each)
- Soak raisins in sherry 15 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet. Add bouillon cubes; stir to dissolve.
- Add celery, Onion and parsley; cook until tender.
- Add rice, orange peel, thyme and raisins; toss lightly.
- Sprinkle hens inside and out with salt and pepper. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Fill cavity of each hen with ½ cup stuffing; truss and tie. Place in baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1½ hours or until golden brown and tender, brushing occasionally with pan drippings.
- Spoon remaining dressing into greased baking dish.
- Cover and place in oven during last 30 minutes of baking time.
- To serve, arrange dressing on platter with hens.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.