- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 small parsnip, peeled
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 small low- to medium-starch potato, such as red bliss or white creamer (do not use russets)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- In medium saucepan, bring pot of water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil.
- Cut vegetables into ¼-inch rounds.
- Preheat broiler.
- Blanch vegetables until barely fork tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon to medium bowl.
- Let cool a few minutes.
- Toss vegetables with oil, cornmeal, and a generous sprinkling of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray; place coated vegetables in single layer on cookie sheet.
- Broil until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes on the first side.
- Turn vegetables and broil the other side an additional 4 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.