- 2 cups cornmeal
- 3 cups hot water
- salt and black pepper
- 4 oz butter
- about 20 ochroes
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- chopped green and red sweet peppers ( or seasoning peppers)
- Cut up ochroes across in 1/2 inch pieces
- Boil 3 cups salted water and add ochroes. Ochroes must be cooked until the seeds turn pink.
- In the meantime sauté peppers, Onion and garlic in a little oil or butter until soft. Add a little pepper and salt. When ochroes are finished cooking, add pepper-onion-garlic mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir cornmeal a little at a time into the boiling liquid with the ochroes, and quickly add the butter. Reduce heat and stir briskly. Correct seasoning adding more salt if necessary. Coo-Coo is finished when the wooden spoon remains standing upright in the centre. Put some butter into a bowl and put a pot spoon of the coo-coo and turn the bowl around until a ball is made. Repeat until all has been made into balls, serve garnished with parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.