- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- Equivalent of 2 eggs in egg replacer (see "Substitutions" section of this website)
- 1 cup mashed, ripe banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tsp alum-free baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Combine all wet ingredients together in a large measuring cup. Beat egg replacer with a whisk, then add wet ingredients to the egg replacer.
Combine all dry ingredients, then add to the wet mixture, alternating with the mashed banana, so it is well-mixed.
Preheat your oven to 350 F. Lightly oil muffin tins or loaf pan and fill with the batter.
Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre and top is browned.