Purchased from the Parnell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988. Notation on card indicates this was served at church potlucks. Dated 1938.
- 6 slices Bacon, diced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Fry Bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Add water, green pepper, corn and cabbage.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the seasonings and mix. Serve hot.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.