Pork Chops Neapolitan.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 6
- 6 loin pork chops, ¾ inch thick (about 2 lbs)
- 2 tbsp olive or salad oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 can (1 lb 12 oz) Italian tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp basil leaves
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 can (4 oz) button mushrooms, drained
- Wipe chops with damp paper towels.
- In hot oil in large skillet, brown chops well on both sides.
- Remove form skillet.
- Drain all but 1 tbsp of drippings from skillet.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, oregano, basil and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Mash tomatoes with fork.
- Place pork chops in skillet.
- Arrange green pepper wedges, spoke fashion between chops.
- Simmer, covered, 1¼ hours or until chops are tender.
- Add mushrooms and simmer 5 minutes more.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.