- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb fresh mushrooms such as shiitake or cremini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 10 extra-large eggs, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 dashes hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup shredded asiago, parmesan or romano cheese
- ½ lb. filo (about 18 sheets)
- nonstick cooking spray, ¼ cup melted butter or olive oil for brushing
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt for garnish
- thin slices of red bell pepper or fresh mushrooms for garnish
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté vegetables 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat together eggs, salt and pepper, and pour over vegetables in skillet.
- Cook about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until eggs are almost firm throughout.
- Transfer eggs to mixing bowl, and set aside to cool 15 minutes.
- Stir in pepper sauce and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 9x12-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove 8 to 10 sheets filo from package, covering remaining filo with plastic wrap.
- Cut filo to fit pan.
- Spray every sheet or every other sheet with nonstick cooking spray, or brush with butter or oil as you place them into pan.
- Spread egg mixture on top of filo layers.
- Top mixture with remaining filo layers, spraying or brushing sheets as before.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove, and cool about 15 minutes before garnishing and serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.