This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Chung Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large white or red onion, chopped or minced
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk, regular or reduced fat/light only
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper, black or red only
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a buttered, rectangular baking dish, layer the potatoes, bacon, and onion.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper, parsley, and thyme, then pour over the potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer. Serve hot and plain or with other main dishes or vegetables but cut into serving pieces with the chef's knife and transfer to a small plate one at a time.