For my 4-Qt. Presto Stove-Top Pressure Cooker i Used:
- 1 1/2 to 2 Lbs. Pork Country-Style Ribs, Trimmed of Extra Fat, CutInto 3-4 Inch Pieces
The Ribs Were Browned in The Heated pc in Just a Little olive oil.Then i Added on Top of The Meat:
- 1 Large clove garlic, Minced
- 1/2 shallot - Optional, i Had a Half in The Fridge
- 1/2 Large Onion, Sliced
Next, i Mixed Together in a Bowl:
- 2 Cups sauerkraut - Which Had Been in The Freezer, Half of a Qt.Package, Drain And Save The Liquid From The sauerkraut
- 1 tb brown sugar
- 1/2 T. salt
Freshly Ground black pepper
Next i Added:
The Recipe in my Book Said to Use 1 1/2 Cups water, so i Knew i NeededThat Much Total Liquid.
Next i Added 1 Med-Large Yukon Gold Potato Peeled And Cut 4 Pieces And
- 1 Large carrot, Peeled And Cut Into 2-Inch Pieces. i Sort of PushedThe Potato And carrot Pieces Down Into The sauerkraut And Added aSprinkle of Dried thyme, About 1/2 T. Which Could be Ommitted if YouDon't Like thyme.
I Put on The Lid, Put on The Temperature Gauge And Turned up The HeatTo Medium High. After The Gauge Began to Rock, i Turned Down The HeatTo Low And Started a Timer For 15 Minutes. i Stayed in The Kitchen ToBe Sure The Gauge Was Kept Gently Rocking on a Very Low Flame (gas Stove).
After 15 Minutes, i Cut Off The Flame on The Stove And Let The Pot SitFor 3 Minutes. Then i Carefully Carried The Pot to The Stove AndTurned on The Tap For a Slow Drizzle of water Over The Pot. When TheHandle Lock Latch And The Over-Pressure Vent Went Down, it Was Safe ToOpen The Pot And Enjoy The Aromas.
The Meat is Fork Tender And Delicious, The Potato And CarrotCompletely Cooked Soft, But Not Mushy And Still Hold Shape. TheSauerkraut is Tender And Mild With Just a Hint of Tang. This is SoGood, And i Have Leftovers For Tomorrow! This Recipe Would be EnoughFor 3 Normal Appetites or 2 Real Hungry Folks.
One Recipe Said to Cook The Recipe For 25 Minutes Under Pressure. ImoThis Would Have Been Way Too Long. The Meat And The Vegetables WereAbsolutely Perfect, to my Tastes, at 15 min. Cook Time And 3 min. CoolDown Time - Which is Still Cooking Time - Then a Quick Release of ThePressure Under The Drizzle of water at The Sink.
I Wanted to Post All of This Because i Hope Those Who Are Afraid OfThe Stovetop Pressure Cookers Will See How Very Easy They Are to Use.From Start to Finish, This Hot meal Took me Less Than 1/2 Hour.
Ribs And sauerkraut Were Made to be Cooked in a Pc!
Keep The Pressure Up!