Source: All New Cookbook for the Diabetic and their Families
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp margarine, reduced-calorie, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp whole basil, dried
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp whole oregano, dried
- ½ tsp whole thyme, dried
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 16 oz (1 can) tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 8 oz red kidney beans, undrained
- Sauté onion and garlic in margarine in a large saucepan until tender.
- Add salt, basil, chili powder, oregano, thyme, and pepper, stirring well.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans.
- Simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 76 | cho: omg | car: 13gm | pro: 3gm | fat: 1gm | sod: 811 mg
- Food exchange: 1 starch
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.