- 2 c Fresh rhubarb - washed/in 1/2" piece
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 c butter; softened
- 1/3 c confectioner's sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 c Sugar
- 1/4 c flour
- 1 ts baking powder
- 1 ts vanilla
- 1/4 ts salt
- whipped cream
- strawberries; for garnish
- Blend flour and softened butter until like coarse crumbs.
- Add confectioner' Sugar.
- Press into buttered 9" square pan or 10x7x1/2" rectangular pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes until golden.
- When crust is baking, beat eggs.
- Add 1 1/4 cup Sugar, very gradually.
- Beat intul very light and fluffy, 5 minutes High with electric mixer.
- At low speed, add flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
- Fold in rhubarb with spatula.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 ° for 40 minutes until light brown and top feels dry.
- Serve cooled, with whipped cream and strawberries.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.